Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Compaq Disk Shelf

Status
Not open for further replies.

dqueen

Technical User
Dec 23, 2003
US
I have some issues... Our IT person is out and I'm the next best thing being an engineer. We are out of disk space on our server and our IT had previously ordered a compaq disk cage. Looks Cool.. it has 6 36 gb drives. it has two scsi cables and two power cords. i looked at the server (compaq ml370) and theres a card that says port a and port b and the cables fit in them. Do i need to plug both scsi cables? one to port a and port b on the server? Also, no instructions came.. How do I get the server to see it? do i press f9 to get into scsi utilities? gosh.. if it's too dificult, just let me know... our office is too cheap to hire an consultant. Any help would be appreciated.

what model number is the drive cage?
what operating sytem is on the box.?

normally you will add an additional card into the server and it will connect to that

the card you are probably seeing is the external ports of the internal array controller - pending on what type of card this is will dictate if it can be added

for system info assuming compaq agents are installed then go to it will redirect you and then near bottom right of page something like sytem report
this will give array model etc
if this isnt configured then you will need to do it from server
if ms stuff then it's right click my comp then properties - hardware or something like that
netware - monitor - storage devices
unix - dont have a clue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back