Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Compaq Bios 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

paparazi

Technical User
Jul 17, 2001
GB
Compaq Presario 7470 K6II/533/E UK
OK I'm thick, I admit it.
How do I get into bios screen setup.
I have tried all the usuals.
Cheers. Martin

Replying helps further our knowledge, without comment leaves us wondering.

This should work:

"Enter The BIOS Setup Utility by tapping the F10 key at the Compaq logo"

Jim

If the cursor moves to the upper right of the screen for 3 cycles of flashing, that is the point for the [F10].

Ed Fair
Give the wrong symptoms, get the wrong solutions.

Hi paparazi:
Don't feel frustrated. None is born to know everything. Keep asking and learning, and you will be expert someday.

Good Luck
channing

I was told F10 before and it doesn't work but then I wasn't aware of the flashing curser at the Compaq logo so I will try again.
Thanx edfair.
channing0123 you are kidding aren't you?
Sure, nobody can know everything.
Martin

There was on mine a software entry point. Compaq diagnositics or somesuch thing. One of the choices was to edit the BIOS.

Compaq uses a software partition to hold bios info and if you've repartitioned the hard drive you may not be able to get to the bios until you download and install a program from Compaq. It never worked on the computer I tried it on though.

Thanks guys, F10 and only for about 2 seconds at the flashing white curser and Compaq Logo.
Couldn't see anywhere to disable onboard graphics but the PCI rage pro I fitted works fine, maybe there is a jumper but I can't be bothered to spend any more time on it and everything works now.
Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back