Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Compaq Array Configuration Utility XE Help 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 22, 2005
US
Hi all,

We have a Compaq Proliant DL380 server with mirrored 18.2 Ultra3 SCSI drives. Last week one of the drive crashed so now we are running on one. I purchase a brand new drive but somehow when I run the Compaq Array Configuration Utility XE it is asking me for the Administrator password. I enter the one that I used, but it is not the right one. We are running old WinNT 4.0 SP6a. I tried to use Windows Disk Admin but it doesnt' show the other drive.

I inherited this setup, so I don't know the password. Is there a way to reset the password, if so, how.

Thanks all.

Richard

Hi Richard

I have never seen a password set in the ACU, you may be able to just re-install the software. What I do know is that whe you insert the drive it will automatically rebuild the RAID array, it will update the event log (system event) on its status and when completed.
You will only need the ACU if you are reconfiguring your RAID or check its status etc.
Compaq insight Manager can also check your RAID status remotely.
Another way to look\check\change your raid is to go into the controller setup (Press F8 on bootup)

Hope this helps

Dave

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the response. I did look at the event log and it did say that it rebuilt it. I look at both drives and it seems to light up in unison, so I imagine that it is now mirrored.

Thanks again.

Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back