Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

compaq armada trouble with windows xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I installed windows xp on my computer. When I tried to install my cd burner software it said that i might have trouble with it because the software may not be compatible. I ignored the warning because all of my other programs had done that and they were working properly. When I restarted my computer after installing XP my computer went into Compaq Setup and won't exit. I have tried running the computer setup and it goes to finding devices at 100%, but nothing thereafter happens. I've tried using a utilities rescue disk, but nothing happened. I can hear the floppy and cd-rom drives working, but nothing is happening. Any suggestions would be soooo helpful! Thanks so much

What model Armada is it. Does it support XP. Have you downloaded the latest Softpaq for XP to match you machine.
Did you do an upgrade or fresh install....to many unknowns to make any real contributions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back