Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Compaq armada 1750 and Xircom CM-56 card

Status
Not open for further replies.

ananthraman

Technical User
Apr 6, 2000
IN
We are facing a problem with Xircom 56 kbps (model cm-56) pcmcia modem card.<br>The card is install in compaq armada 1750 laptop having an integrated compaq 56VL modem.<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;The problem is when we are dialing internet using xircom modem, its getting connected but hanging at post dial up screen. But when dialing using compaq 56VL modem, its getting connected without any problem.<br><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;We have tried following things :--<br>1)&nbsp;&nbsp;Down loaded latest drivers from internet & configured.<br>2)&nbsp;&nbsp;Disabled infrared port from mother board as well as from WIN95.<br>3)&nbsp;&nbsp;Disabled Compaq integrated 56VL modem from setup & from WIN95 to test xircom card.<br>4)&nbsp;&nbsp;Alternate&nbsp;&nbsp;I/O & IRQ of the same card.<br>5)&nbsp;&nbsp;Excluded ROM address range used by xircom card from EMM386.<br><br>Pl let me know if any of you have any solution<br><br>Anand

Since the 560VL modem is a Winmodem I would, if you haven't already, uninstall the drivers through Add/Remove Programs.<br><br>I would also set the factory defaults for the Xircom modem in Hyperterminal (AT&F). If all else fails I would try dialing into another location, ie a BBS and see if the same issue occurs.<br><br>You may also try disabling V.90 support (if there) on the Xircom modem...this may differ between modems but you can try AT-V90=0. If it is Kflex you can disable that through the S-Registers by using ATS38=0.<br><br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back