Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Compaq and Voodoo 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

MercuriusX

Technical User
Dec 2, 2001
US
I installed a voodoo 3 2000 pci card on my G-friends compaq series 5070 about a month ago and everything worked fine untill last friday. When she turned on the computer that morning there was no picture. I uninstalled the card, took it out, and put it back in. It still doesnt give me a screen after all that so I'm forced to use the compaq on board video to see anything in windows. I uninstalled all the software for the vid card including 3dfx tools but nothing I do makes my card show video. When I restart windows instead of there being popup before the desktop with "new hardware found - standard pci display media (vga)" it gives me "new hardware found - pci card". It cant find drivers for this device and it only detects it at start up. I've tried installing the voodoo drivers for the card but it doesnt work at all. What am I overlooking? Does anybody know how to fix this?

Thanks
MecuriusX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back