Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Compaq 3000 - 5 3/4in drive bay access 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TSMJ

MIS
Nov 27, 2002
Hi Guys
This is a bit of a stupid question (I feel kind of embarassed asking it) but I've tried and tried but have had no success, so was hoping someone in the know could give me a quick answer. How on earth do you get to the 5 3/4in drive bays in the Compaq 3000 (where the CDROM drives are)? I've practically taken this thing apart (as far as you can whilst it's still on ;-)) and am pulling my hair out trying to find how you get in to it!

Thanks for ANY help in advance

TJ

Try this if its the Proliant Server

Drive Cage Assembly
The drive cage assembly includes the drive cage and backplane board. To remove the drive cage
assembly:
1. Perform the preparation procedures. .
2. Remove the side access panel.
3. Open the front bezel door.
4. Remove the front fans.
5. Loosen the two thumbscrews attaching the drive cage to the front of the chassis
6. Pull out the latch securing the drive cage assembly in the chassis
7. Pull the drive cage partway from the chassis to allow better access to cables.
8. Disconnect the hard drive backplane power cable, any SCSI cables, and the16X Max CD-ROM signal cable.
9. Slide the drive cage assembly out the front of the chassis Ì.

Removable Media
The removable media area contains the standard 16X Max CD-ROM drive and two available half-height drive bays. To remove a drive in the removable media area, including the 16X Max CD-ROM drive:
1. Perform the preparation procedures.
2. Remove the drive cage assembly.
3. Disconnect the removable media power cable from the removable media device.
4. Remove the four T-15 screws attaching the removable media panel to the drive cage assembly.
5. Pull the removable media panel away from the drive cage assembly
6. Remove the four T-15 screws attaching the drive to the drive cage assembly
7. Pull the drive through the front of the drive cage assembly

Cheers Walter349 - that was exactly how to do it - you've saved me a lot of time.

Many thanks (again) :)

Your welcome, I have the service guide so I simply pasted the relevant bits in for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back