Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Company Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

polleycpa

Technical User
Jan 15, 2007
US
I am a CPA who inherited a Peachtree app from a bookkeeper who did not understand what she was doing.

She had multiple instances of XYZ Co.

C:\program Files\Peachetree\Company\XYZo (Old)fye 10/31
C:\program Files\Peachetree\Company\XYZn (New)cye 12/31
C:\program Files\Peachetree\Company\ABC

The problem is my current work is in the ABC file.

I need to prepare W-2's and the W-2's print out ABC dba XYZ and in fact should print XYZ dba ABC.

Went to the company file and attempted to change the company information there and the W-2's printed exactly the same as before the change.

Went to the COMPANY.DAT file saved it as COMPANY backup.dat and changed the COMPANY.DAT file to read as I wanted. NO DICE.

My data disappeared. Restored the backup as COMPANY.DAT and the data reappeared.

HELP

It's a common tactic to set up a new company for each year in Peachtree and many other low ends as most don't do a good job of handling more then 2 years data. Deals with old fashioned, obsolete disk space needs. All Peachtree files are now signed so as you found out changing one out usually doesn't work. You're probably going to have to work in multiple companies. The proper way to roll companies is to always keep the previous year.

Bill Couture
SBTBILL.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back