Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Company History Table Missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

gogopoppy

Instructor
Mar 6, 2005
CA
Hi,

When I connect to the Act 2005 Db in Crystal Reports at work I see a Company History table.

When I try to connect to the Act 2005 Db at home (its a trial version)to develop a report against the Demo database I can't seem to find the same table when I connect with Crystal Reports. I see CONTACT History but not Company History? Company History I assume contains only history associated with a Company that hasn't got a contact attached.

Is this because its a different version of Act 2005?

Any thanks will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Gordon

Are they different versions?
Is there any data in the Company History on that database?

BTW: no-one should be using ACT! 2005. In 20 years I've been using ACT!, ACT! 87.0 was the only version I refused to use.

Regards,
Mike Lazarus
ACT! Evangelist
GL Computing, Aust

Hi Mike,

Thanks again for your posting. I guess the trial version might be different than the one installed at work. Odd. Act 2005 must be a stinker as I had heard a while back of people refusing to upgrade because it was so slow compared to the old versions.

I've now installed Act!2008 Standard 30 day trial and it showed me all the tables that I need. And from there I have now figured out what the Company History table does.

It seems to store all company history and additionally all contact history (assuming the contacts relate to a company) but unlike the contact history table it doesn't store the contactid to which a history might relate.

So as I understand it, if a history item is recorded that relates to a contact Act stores it in both tables (Company and Contact History) which seems odd but its linkable through a HIstory ID field which is identical in both tables so we can get the information we need.

No activities table however seems to be exposed by OLE which I have read about on the postings and I think you have suggested Crystal Clear Essentials if we need that data exposed. I don't think we do so I'm Ok for now.

Thanks

Gordon

Yup... the activities are stored is different tables and are very comples. So they are not included in the OLEDB interface

Regards,
Mike Lazarus
ACT! Evangelist
GL Computing, Aust

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back