Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Commvault vs Syncsort NSB

Status
Not open for further replies.

mktck

Technical User
Feb 9, 2009
SG
I am comparing the possibility of acquiring Commvault or Syncsort NSB. Currently I have a NetApp SAN environment, and also a MS HyperV cluster environment. Syncsort is attempting to sell using their Block Level backup technology, which oddly Commvault also has. Downpoint I am facing for Commvault now is the requirement of media server, master server etcs. Downpoint I am facing for Syncsort now is the ONLY NETAPP endpoint. Please share your views if you have been using either of these backup systems. Thanks in advance.

I was a Commvault guy for 7 years in my previous job. They have a great product but are hugely expensive. I will say though that I never had to tell someone "Sorry I can't recover your file, folder, server, VM, e-mail, sharepoint document, oracle or SQL database etc".

The product worked!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back