Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CommVault Overview

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldleader

IS-IT--Management
Dec 13, 2006
GB
Hi

Could someone please give me an overview of CommVault. We are looking to purchase this solution and have been given a quote from Dell but need a bit of a break down of what is involved in installing ie all the different parts and if there is a cost involved in it and using the system and its problems.

We are a Novell site with 9 Netware boxs and 15 Windows Boxs. We have Novell clusters and are using a SAN.

Thanks

Have you spoken with CommVault? That would be step 1 and I am sure that they could answer all of your questions as they relate to your specific environment.

CommVault, Inc.
World-Wide Headquarters
2 Crescent Place
P.O. Box 900
Oceanport, New Jersey 07757-0900
Phone: (732) 870-4000
FAX: (732) 870-4525
Email: info@commvault.com
or

Agreed...speak with CommVault.

You don't say what apps you are using but, from what you say in your post then it should be quite a straight forward install.

But, like any new install, different environments have different problems ;-)

The only advice I can give you is to go directly to CommVault. My company purchased the software through Dell and are required to go to them as our first tier of support. So far they haven't been able to answer any questions and have had to escalate everything to a CommVault tech. It would be much faster and easier for us if we could go directly to CommVault, but we are stuck with Dell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back