Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

communitcation from windows 2k and AIX 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 19, 2003
US
I have a ibm rs/6000 running aix 4.3.3 the database is progress 9.1 I can see file on the rs/6000 from a windows 98se machine but cannot from windows 2k or xp.

when viewing network neighborhood from windows 98 i can see the icon tun nfs. but when viewing from windows 2k or xp i cannot.

is there a service or host file change required so that i can see the rs/6000 from windows 2k and xp?

oh i can ftp to the rs/6000 as root only

Assuming you are using Samba on the AIX system, right? Have you tried just mapping the sharepoint, rather than browsing for the sharepoint?

My Computer/Tools/Map Network Drive. And then in the folder text box:

\\AIX_servername\sharepoint (tun nfs?)

I have no trouble seeing AIX sharepoints from NT 2000. I don't have an XP system to test with.

Regarding being able to ftp as root only: check the /etc/ftpusers file to make sure the account you want to use is not listed in this file. See thread52-726433 for more details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back