Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Communicator for android or iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattKnight

Programmer
May 10, 2002
GB
Really dumb question...

I'm looking for information about remote workers using Communicator for iPhone. Most of the docs are reasonably clear and I can figure it out.

Except for the Single Sign On (SSO) stuff. I can see how the SSO is configured at the remote device, but what is the backend, how does it operate, what infrastructure etc...

Anyone have amy document links that deal.with this? I'd love to use client certs, but that's a mad man's dream (app doesn't support it and put infrastructure here too)

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

I always thought it was Client Enablement Services that provided that LDAP SSO to access your stuff.

Cheers Kyle,

I've looked a bit harder at the documentation and it says, in little words, that SSO isn't supported from Communicator for iPhone or Android

So there we are!

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

I would suggest you take another look when Avaya releases Communicator 3.0

Do you know what the requirements are to run Equinox? Not seeing that in the link or other docs.

Equinox is a re-branded name for the Avaya communicator for IPhone & Android. Once its release it will install right over the current client. I have been beta testing since August on the client.

Ok , so can you confirm what the actual client only conference functionality is , im guessing its point to point but the marketing bumf makes it sound like a all in one solution.

Also the non VPN remote access statement , is this SIP only going through an SBC as remote worker ?

Any information would be appreciated.

ACSS (UC/SBCE/SM/SME)

Not that they mean a thing anymore , get a brain dump pass the test crash the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back