Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Commserv IP changing

Status
Not open for further replies.

simple99

MIS
Jun 18, 2007
AU
Hi,
Our Commvault server is being relocated to a server room. The IP of the server will be changed.
I was hoping, someone can outline what steps I need to consider before and after the relocation of the server.

To apply for an IP license change with Commvault do we need a current maintenance contract with them ?
As our contract has just expired.

Appreciate any assistance.

I am not sure about the maintenance contract issue, I would ask your Commvault rep about that. As far as the IP change, really easy, they send you a new license with the new IP, you change the IP, apply the license and you are done.

Thanks,
I'm not sure of the IP yet as the data centre vlan is till be setup.

Does commserv run in some temporary mode when the server is moved to the new data centre and once I get the IP, I can send it to Commvault to get a new license.

Commvault never answered my question in regards to a temp mode so I would check with them on that one. I do know that once you have recieved the license with the new IP you can apply it anytime after the server has been moved, if you leave the server on the old IP for 2 months after you recieve the new license it would not be an issue. I would suggest getting the new IP license before moving the server but it may be best to just check with Commvault.

Once you have the new IP then yes you should just be able to send it to commvault and get a new license, I had mine the same day I sent the request.

Thanks for response.
I got in touch with CV and they said they can issue the new license with IP the same day.
So as soon as I find out the new IP I'll ask for a new license. Preferbaly a few days before the move of the server.

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back