Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Common Dialog InitDir property Can it be a non Drive Letter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pistol34

MIS
Nov 17, 1999
US
I have a Nikon Camera and viewer software with it. It show up in my computer and explorer like control panel or My Computer does. Can I make my dialog open to the camera and not the current drive.

If it appears in the explorer, I seem to recall that it is possible to make it appear in the Common Dialog box, since that control does know how to display and browse special shell folders (which is what the camera 'directory' will actually be). There may be limitations in this depending on how thoroughly Nikon have implemented their special shell folder - and, off the top of my head, I can't remember how you actually get the common dialog to do the display. Urk! I'll probably have to look it up! So, not much help at the moment, except for holding out some hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back