Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Common Access Card / Smart Card Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

codybecker

Programmer
Aug 24, 2011
US
thread705-1433084

Has anybody found a solution to this question? Thanks :)

"
I have an Access 2003 project that I would like to use a Common Access Card PIN requirement to use the database.All of the infrastructure is already in place and used for logging on to the workstation.I just want to be able query the installed CAC card for the Name of the user on the computer and possibly require the user to enter their PIN to access the Database.At the very least, I would like to access the %username environment variable to at least log who is using the computer.I have searched all over for the answer to CAC in Access 2003 but have yet to find anything I can use.Supposedly there is a Java program out there called J-CAC that MIGHT help, but I can only find references to the applet and nothing else.Thanx in Advance,Joe

That looks more like a question that should be directed at the CAC vendor. I'm sure that they do not make is simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back