Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

COMMIT SINGLE RECORD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Afzaal82

MIS
Mar 2, 2005
PK
when working with records after executing the query we may change more than one record.
but i want to commit only the record that is currenly available on the Form.
kindly tell me the way how can i commit only one record even if i have changed and move through more than one records.

COMMIT or COMMIT_FORM will save all outstanding changes to the database.

Why would you want to save only one change when you have made many? If you do not want to save the other changes, why make them?

THNKS LEWISP FOR UR REPLY.

I M working on a VEHICLE RENTAL SYSTEM.
VEHICLE ARE ISSUED- RECEIVED ON A SEPERATE FORMS. ON VEHICLE RECEIVE FORM I HAVE GIVEN THE USER.
ALL THE ISSUE TIME DETAILS AND CURRENT DATE AND TIME VEHICLE USAGE TIME ( CALCULATED WITH THE HELP OF A PROCEDUR BASING ON THE CURRENT /SYSTEM DATE AND TIME) FOR THE USER OF THE SOFTWARE HELP.
USER SELECTS VEHICLE FROM A LIST AND ALL THE DETAILS ARE AVAILABLE TO HIM.
THIS IS WHAT WHICH MAKE ( FORM STATUS CHANGED).
AND THIS STATUS IS ONLY REQUIRES WHEN USER ENTERS ALL FILEDS NOT THE AUTO_CHANGED WITH MY PROCEDURE.
( HOPE U GOT IT )

It sounds like you need to reconsider the design of your form.

You either need to query back the details before modifying them, or consider the use of a control block to hold the vehicle selection drop-down etc.

I would have any drop down or LOV selection lists in a control block (ie, a non base table block). Allow the user to select all the information they require form the drop down(s), then all they have to do is enter the manual details in the main block when required and commit just those details.

Does this make any sense?

THANKS lewisp I HAVE over come this problem with the help OF The Statement below.

>> SET_RECORD_PROPERTY:)SYSTEM.CURSOR_RECORD,'BLOCK_NAME',STATUS,QUERY_STATUS); <<

BY WITING IT IN MY OWN PROCEDURE FROM WHERE ALL DETAILS WERE AUTOMATICALLY GENERATED.

Again Thanks for Ur Reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back