Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Commenting out Parameters in Select Expert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rachel30

Programmer
Mar 1, 2005
GB
Hi,

I am designing a report and for development purposes I want to run the report for all the data however when the report is published I would like to use parameters in the select expert whenever I comment them out using // they disapear is there any easy way of saving them in the report so I can use or un use them without have to insert them again. Cheers Rachel

Change your selection filter to

If {?MyParameter} = "ALL" Then
True
Else
{MyTable.Field] = {MyParameter}

This way if you type or select ALL for the parameter then all the data will be retrieved.

HTH

Gary Parker
MIS Data Analyst
Manchester, England

What version of Crystal? I can comment out lines of code and as long as I save the formula, they will still be there.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

Rachel, are you just using Report> Select Expert? If so, use Report> Selection Formulas> Record, where it is all laid out as code, and much easier to comment out. At least that's how it is in Crystal 10 and I doubt 11 is much different. Select Expert is for beginners and I remember it being inflexible.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK) [yinyang]
[yinyang] Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back