Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Comment Form

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krash878

Programmer
May 8, 2001
US
ok frmForm has record feilds including an ID feild. frmComment has 3 feilds ID, Comment, and Date.

The Date feild on frmComment is autodate = no problem
The Comment Feild works = no problem
The ID Feild needs to change to what ever the record ID as it reads in frmForm.

The frmForm has a command button that opens the frmComment.

I need the ID TextBox on frm comment to populate and write to the tblComment with the number shown in the ID TextBox on the frmForm.

I hope this is not confusing
Thanks
Krash

I am not sure if it workes with linked subforms but if you right click on the ID field on your comment form and select properties, then change the Default value under the field tab by clicking in the Default field box and clicking the"..." then double click the forms folder in the lower left click on the frmForm and find the ID field in the middle box on the bottom. Double click that and click ok. You can then close the properties box. I suggest closing the form, saving changes and re-opening it again to see if it works.
Hope it works for you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back