Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

commands in data environment

Status
Not open for further replies.

irkle

Programmer
Mar 23, 2003
GB
Hi, i have a dataenvironment with a command called mainrecord, this has the following sql code in it:

SELECT * FROM mainrecord WHERE Patno1 = ?

the name of the table mainrecord and field Patno1 are correct, but when i click on the parameters tab i get the following error:

"unable to determine the parameter information for the parameters"

and then when i run code in a buttom on a form to display a datareport which uses the command mainrecord it just produces an error and says "type mismatch". the code behind the button is as follows:

Private Sub cmdView_Click()
DataEnvironment1.mainrecord viewpatientrecord.patno1.Text
rptMainrecord.Show
End Sub

any ideas about what's going wrong? i'm trying to get the code to print out a datareport of the record which is currently being displayed in the form.

thanks!

what's your database type - I've received this msg many types when using a database that the driver will not return the field type.

Also, what is the field type of patno1 - you will need to go to the parameters tab and set the attributes of the parameter manually

my database is an access 97 database, which i connect to using jet and ado. the field type of patno1 is a text field, but i don't see anything in the parameters tab where i can set this manually - when i open the parameters tab nothing is displayed there at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back