Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Command To turn of all message waiting lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ski123

Technical User
Mar 21, 2008
US
Is there a command to turn off all the message waiting lights on an Octel 250 running Aria 3.11.5 software?

The OCTEL only records which mailboxes should have a msg wtg light activated and can refresh them. It doesn't remember which mailboxes shouldn't nor would it attempt to turn them all off when it doesn't have a record of even sending one.

Some businesses still use message waiting between extensions as well and if they had voicemail the action could delete a valid message waiting left by other sets.

KE407122
'Who is this guy named Lo Cel and why does he keep paging me?'

I just thought of something. It would probably only work on an older analog integration. Depending on your PBX and integration you may be able to change the msg wtg activation code in the system parameters/configuration to the msg wtg de-activation code. Refreshing the msg wtg light would deactivate the msg wtg for all extensions that the system thinks should have msg wtg.

Eg. An old Rolm Redwood Integration to 250 used the Rolm feature code to activate or deactivate the msg wtg light. A DMID or digital integration just emulates the proprietary

KE407122
'Who is this guy named Lo Cel and why does he keep paging me?'

You need to have at least the service bit on and possibly the engineering bit (I don't remember which exactly) but yes, there is a command in debug to do it.

It can be done in some integrations but I would need to knowmwhatnyou are using before I can answer this.

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back