Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Command to tell what shares users have rights/mapped to

Status
Not open for further replies.

hillboy

Technical User
May 13, 2002
Assuming I have Domain Administrator rights, is there a command that I can use to tell what shares a user is mapped to?

I have two objectives:

1. I am in the process of cleaning up our user accounts and need to know what resources a user has access to before I delete the account. We have a approximately 200 folders with thousands of files and it would be unfeasible for me to check the NTFS permissions at the folder/file level.

2. I am also cleaning up department shares and would like to delete the "generic" user accounts that the previous admin created. Before I can do this, however, I need to know what network resources these users have access to. Is there a command that can do this?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Check out GFI's site.
They have a program called Languard Network Scanner v(2.0).

They state on their site that this product is FREE for non commercial use. Commercial users please register.

I have used it on a few networks and find it to be useful for network documentation.

Hope that helps you.

Jim

You could use the addusers command (part or resource kit) in reporting mode - this writes the user database (minus password) to a csv text file - so you can see where they pick up profiles, where home area is mapped to etc (if present). The net share command will display all shares on machine (can direct its output to text file for hard copy - which you could edit to delete shares you don't want - using net share sharename /delete). Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back