Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Command to show the processor/CPU model on my 61C 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MHutt

MIS
Jan 24, 2002
CA
Hi:

How can I find out what model of CPU/Processor is in my 61C?

I am facing a situation in which Bell Canada is ending my Extended Warranty Plan unless I upgrade. My 61C is running old software, (Version 2921, Release 3, issue OO). I understand that to upgrade to the latest release I require Pentium 4 processors. A Bell tech advised me that if my PBX has Pentium 2s, then there is no cardcage upgrade required to go to P4. However, he said if I am running Motorola processors, then for sure a cardcage upgrade is required. I cannot find the load to print the processor type (ie, CPP4, CPPIV etc)

Your help is aprreciated!

Marty

best bet is just to look at the NT number

ld 135

STAT CPU

but by the X11 System number you gave 2921

you probably have the old processors (Motorola)

CS1000M SG - CP4 2921 SR3 SR4.5 68060e NT5D03

the other processors would have a different NT number on the cards,(and looks very different)

Pentium II NT4N64
Pentium IV NT4N39

Thanks Triton for the advice. I checked the cabinet and my CP labels say NT5D03FB, as does the card inventory from ld 117, so it looks like I am Motorola. I just want to keep Bell honest when it comes to the upgrade, like if they tried to charge me for a cardcage upgrade when it isn't needed.

Marty

Keep in mind that he was just saying the card cage and CPU/Cmdu upgrade, but you could be looking at a lot more than that in the end,

Clock controller, T1 cards....etc.... not just CPU upgrade...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back