Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Command to check for DSA port on a G3 R10

Status
Not open for further replies.

vulcanccit

IS-IT--Management
Jan 7, 2005
US
I have forgotten how to determine the DSA port on a G3...I have been doing a prologix lately and it is Ch IP-Services...

I am trying to walk through someone on how to check their port so I can DSA to it, I have their IP but port 5111 or 5001 do not work, I tried 5003 no dice

he can get to his terminal so if I can tell him ch whatever...to get to the page that has the port number im in business.

Thank you all

what does he see in cha IP-servces?

I could have sworn it was the same for all those revs.

On the s8700 its a little different. But I know they were using 5023 as a default also. Maybe that will work?

RTMCKEE

CM 2.1.1
Prologix R9.05
Modular Messaging 1.1

he didnt have a Ch IP-Services so that is where I got stuck at! hehe 5023 doesnt work either... it is possible that range of ports is blocked as this is our corp headquarters, but, the 5000 range works at our other sites...

he had IP-Route, IP Node-Names and one other, but it was not ip-Services...

I wonder if his login is restricted...

on an r10 i would not expect much to be there in the way of IP services. I wonder if there is even a Clan in the system?

RTMCKEE

CM 2.1.1
Prologix R9.05
Modular Messaging 1.1

also the IP he gave me seems to be his audix...I can hit that via a web page...

He got that via ch node-names

on mine its ch node-names ip

and I show that as my switch IP

Isnt audix ch com p? to set that up? its so hard without being in front of this beast..

our wan guys scanned the box and show ports

80 110 111 515 1026

open on it.

I tried all of them on DSA but again the IP im using is the one that seems to go to audix...

so would it be possible they never were setup for IP DSA? Their DSA is on a serial connector. So maybe avaya only set it up to do IP for Audix and not the switch? based on my findings would you all agree?

yep, i agree that it might have never been installed. You could have him do a list data to see if the "data mod" for the clan is set up, or if its on a netcon. Maybe just modem.

to get the inads line (assuming you dont have it) have him put your desk phone in the second OSS on cha sys maint. then do a test Inads command, that should get the switch to dial out to your deskphone and you can get the indads line.

RTMCKEE

CM 2.1.1
Prologix R9.05
Modular Messaging 1.1

Ok I might do that, I walked him thru what he need which was a data module setup, I will probably be in San Antonio at some point and I can look at it, but im a bit timid as its for our corp office...owners...ACK!! heheh

I might just say um call 1800-242-2121 <grin>

Make sure the C-LAN board is a TN799D. Anything less won't allow DSA access.

I have a prologix with a TN799C that I connect to via ASA?

RTMCEE

CM 2.1.1
Prologix R9.05
Modular Messaging 1.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back