Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

command task problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

vikind

MIS
Dec 11, 2003
US
hi,

i am stuck up with this problem its really simple
i am trying to use a command task to copy files from one location to other on "Windows"the command task looks like this

Copy C:\batch.txt C:\DEV\batch.txt. I ran the task in the workflow manager shows succeeded but the file does not get copied to the desired location.

what could be the problem? any clues

thanks

Check the log files, as the workflow can still show succeeding if you haven't set up the command task to fail. Did you verify this command works on the DOS command line? Also, is there any security on either directory that the account running PowerCenter needs access for?

"I think we're all Bozos on this bus!" - Firesign Theatre [jester]

hi,
i ran it from the DOS command prompt and it works fine
copy \\INFServerdev01\SrcFiles\data_1.txt \\INFServerdev01\SrcFiles\data_2.txt

but when i try to do the same thing in command task in workflow it does not copy ?

do i have to refer te SrcFiles by someother means in command task..informatica server name is INFServerdev01

thanks

If you can do it from the command box on the INFA server, it should work in the command task. did you use the same account that's running the INFA services to verify it has the proper permissions to these directories?

Also, look at the session logs and see if there is an error (although they aren't too informative).

"I think we're all Bozos on this bus!" - Firesign Theatre [jester]

well i ran from the command prompt from the client system and not from the informatica server. does that mean its an issue with permissions ? but i am using the same account with which i am running my workflow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back