Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

command strings

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdog

Technical User
Feb 25, 2002
US
I was wondering what command string I could use to improve the performance of my
Rockwell 56K V.90 fax .....

it is an internal.. i get connected at 49333bps or 48000bps. It still seems slow at times was jsut wondering if there was a string to impove the flow of information and/or would filter out some of the line noise ...

That's actually a VERY good connect.
What you're after is known as Throughput.
Try slowing it down a bit, it may actually improve things.
Put this in the extra settings box: +MS=V90,1,,,,46000
If that's not helping, try this: +MS=K56,0,,,,48000
Let me know how it goes. Cheers,
Jim
reboot@pcmech.com
Moderator at Staff at Windows 9x/ME instructor.
Jim's Modems:

Thanks Jim I will try the strings ... I know that the connections I am getting are good but like you said. I have to slow it down abit , I think there is too much line noise coming through. Sometimes my web pages will load at something crazy like 43 bytes..I had to reload this page about 4 times and wait about 5 mins befroe it accuatley came up !! .... I will try the strings right away .... I wish where i lived had cable or DSL ...... gggeezzz

Almost forgot ... when i first got my computer there was a string already added .. must have been from the place i bought it .. anyway i can't remember the string (lost it when i reformated my computer the first time ) but it was something like: S40=11 or S11=40 or something like that i really have know idea but if it rings any bells for ya please let me know ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back