Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Command sequences!!!! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

papic

Technical User
Oct 15, 2003
FR
Does anyone know where to find command sequences for activating/deactivating different kind of features? Those would be part of every user manual but I have not find anywhere. For example command sequences for security code changing. Fortunately I’ve found that sequence should be <fac><old password>#<new password>#<new password>#!!!
What about activating other features?

do a &quot;change feature-access-code&quot;. This will allow you to view the commands for the different features....if you don't like them you can change them...the security code for a specific station can be changed by doing a change station XXXX.

n00b

Thank you for your answer but you partly understand me. My question concerned about whole command sequence not only about FAC. I know how and where I can change different features codes but I don’t know combination, better say sequence of data for activating/deactivating features.
I hope that I am this time more explicit about this issue.

Actually, I'd like to know if anyone finds the answer to this as well. Most customer's have these type of questions often, and it would save me a lot of time if I could give them a manual. Usually you just have to fiddle with it until it works properly.

I haven’t ever found anything that was just “do this” even through the AT&T days. They did have an Implementation manual and feature description manual that between the two you could figure out what needed to be done. I did a search on the Avaya technical database and found bits and pieces that may help. Of course this will very from one software release to another.

This may help get you in the right direction anyway.

Mikey

Once upon a time at&t had a software program called
Voice Terminal Guide Builder. It was quite nice, you could customize the instructions to give to the users.

The software still exists; it's now called GuideBuilder and is available at

Susan
[sub]A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.[/sub]
[sup]Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)[/sup]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back