Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Command object with MySQL

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpaulson

Programmer
May 7, 2000
CA
I want to modify my accounting app to use MySQL database instead of an Access database.
Below is how I write my command and parameters for an access db.

Code:
    strSQL = strSQL & "FROM AR_Invoice_Detail INNER JOIN (Invoices LEFT JOIN AcctsReceivable ON Invoices.CustID = AcctsReceivable.CustID) ON Invoices.InvoiceID = AR_Invoice_Detail.InvoiceID "
    strSQL = strSQL & "WHERE Printed = True AND DebitTransType = 'I' AND InvoiceDate  BETWEEN ? AND ? GROUP BY AcctsReceivable.CustID ORDER BY Max(CustName)"
    Set cmdInvoiceList = New ADODB.command
    cmdInvoiceList.ActiveConnection = cnAccounting
    cmdInvoiceList.CommandText = strSQL
    cmdInvoiceList.CommandType = adCmdText
    cmdInvoiceList.Prepared = True
    Set prmStart = cmdInvoiceList.CreateParameter("Start", adDate, adParamInput, 8)
    Set prmEnd = cmdInvoiceList.CreateParameter("End", adDate, adParamInput, 8)
    cmdInvoiceList.Parameters.Append prmStart
    cmdInvoiceList.Parameters.Append prmEnd

And this is how I assign values to the parameters and create a recordset

Code:
    prmStart.Value = DateSerial(CLng(cboYear), cboMonth.ItemData(cboMonth.ListIndex), 1)
    prmEnd.Value = DateSerial(CLng(cboYear), cboMonth.ItemData(cboMonth.ListIndex) + 1, 0)
    Set rsInvoiceList = cmdInvoiceList.Execute

How can I change this to use with MySQL database as I understand MySQL does not use adDate

David Paulson

Please ignore this post. It does work, I am doing something else wrong.

David Paulson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back