Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Command Object not accessible via ODBC on web server

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrislarkin

Programmer
Jun 5, 2001
Hi --

I have a couple of reports that work fine in the Windows client using command objects. However, all of the other web-based reports share a DSN file; I can't seem to get my settings right in the management console with this command object.

I'm trying to access this data via a command object with a DB2 / iSeries (AS400) database...

Any HOWTOs or similar advice resolving a connection problem in CE 9 ?

One trick I use is to install CR on the server so that I can verify connectivity.

I agree that it's the settings, but I can't help more that that, you need to make sure that the server has access to the database, and that the ODBC settings ae the same.

If you receive an error post it.

-k

Error Message: Unable to connect: incorrect log on parameters. File C:\Program Files\Crystal Decisions\Enterprise 9\Data\procSched\DALTFCRWS1.report\~tmp12ac41e5ce78af0.rpt.

On the Database Expert form, the command object I'm using shows up under Repository -> Crystal Repository -> Commands - (name of command object)

However, all of the other (working) reports show the DSN file (TFC.DSN). Is there some way to move the command object into that DSN?

Unfortunately, this is not something that can easily be tested on the server this week or next due to the shortage of IT folks that manage the servers (I'm a consultant contracted in by the accounting management)

This is not the best fix, but it worked. Because some of the reports got pointed to the TFC.DSN file in a path on the T: mapped drive, I created that same mapping on the server. Now these reports work fine, but at some point it would probably be better to go back and change report data sources so this isn't needed.

Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back