Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Command Manager 7.5.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

robo100

Programmer
Jun 19, 2003
GB
I would like to automate a routine to add a single filter to all my reports (100 reports approx). I was hoping that command manager would be able to perform this for me. Unfortunately I have been told by MSTR that the functionality is not yet available (will be added as an enhancement request). Is there any other (faster) way of doing this without editing all the reports?. I am currently looking into Pre/Post Statements and trying to add a simple "where statement" but I am not having much luck yet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou

if you are inclined to write some code to the SDK, this technote might help you out.

TN6100-072-0174
How to modify the definition of a report filter using MicroStrategy Web SDK 7i - 7.2.0

You'll need to move all the reports into a folder, get project documentor to give you a list of the IDs of all these reports.

The sample code will probably have to be changed a little so you can add a shortcut to an existing filter.

good luck.

Thanks nlim for your prompt response.

I was really hoping you'd not mention SDK as we have not yet purchased it. I am guessing I will have to go through the reports and add the filter.

Please confirm

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back