Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Command line vs. ASA & a few ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

BostonBiker

Instructor
Mar 8, 2002
US
Right now my system (in a school) is a Prologix w/ Definity Audix, Where the only Admin interface I have, is a terminal (CLI-Command Line Interface). I am not familiar ASA at all.

What releases of ASA are available? What will work with Windows 2000? Where can I get a copy? How much does it cost? Are their add-ons (templates/scripts)? Can it be used remotely (such as ProComm)?

I can't answer all of your questions, but if memory serves it was kinda pricy, can't be more specific though.

It does allow for remote connections via analog line, and has it's own emulation program built in. You can use the GUI or a command line to admin your switch remotely.

ASA is definitely worth looking into. It features many extra's, such as templates for adding/changing/moving users, export/import and report data (I use this one quite regularly), "graphical" emulation and fault & performance tools.

You can also store different systems with their different phone numbers and IP addresses if you have to manage several systems and you can automate and schedule different tasks.

I know it used to cost around $1500 (but you receive it for free with a new system or an upgrade), but I think the pricing has changed since Avaya started with the Integrated Management Suite policy.

I suggest you contact Avaya or your local distributor.

Oh, and yes, it does run on Win2k and XP (at least, my version 1.12 does; think 1.13 should work fine as well)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back