Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Command Line Switches 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chance1234

IS-IT--Management
Jul 25, 2001
US
There is a VB.net windows form application currently in use which checks a FTP site for ceratain files.

The application runs perfectly ok and does it Job. The user starts the app, hits a button on the form and they get the results.

We want to run this via a scheduled task. The structure of the app is that all code is contained in the form.

In the form, there is a sub routine called
subReturnData()

What I want to do is introduce a command line to the app so i can fire this sub from a schedule task. The name of the application is FXftp

So something along the lines i can call FXftp /R and that will fire the subReturnData

I have looked at a couple of articles from a search on google that concentrate on console apps, but cant quite see how to integrate this into my current scenario.

Chance,

F, G and Skipper

maybe this thread help you with what you're looking for:

thread796-1493916

"If I were to wake up with my head sewn to the carpet, I wouldn't be more surprised than I am right now.

Yes, check out the above mentioned thread. I would move the code in the form to a module or class so you can call it from the form or another procedure. This procedure would be called when the program is started by the scheduler using the environment information. Make sure there are no user responses required or provide for defaults so the program running in scheduled task doesn't hang waiting for a reply.

Auguy
Northwest Ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back