Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Command-Line SNMP Tool 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

geeky907

Technical User
Jul 6, 2006
US
Im working on a project for my employer where i need to be able to pull certian values from many agents via SNMP and compile them into a flat text file, unfortunately i only have the use of a WindowsXP machine, and no budget for high-priced software, i need this tool to be command-line controlable i have attempted to use SNMPUTIL from microsoft to accomplish this however our in-house network security team cant be convinced to enable the SNMP service on our workstations so SNMPUTIL can communicate... does anybody know of any good resources of a command-line SNMP client that could fit this need?

- Mike

Thanks PalmTest, i appreciate the response, however i need something exactly like that to run on a windows box... AKA a Dos Application... any other idea's/sugestions?

i appologize PalmTest, you did send me helpfull information that program is available for win32... it did accomplish my mission completely... again much thanks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back