Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

command line sent via SMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

TopDawg

MIS
Mar 13, 2001
US
I have a .exe on every machine when executed via command line (AT command) will setup a scheduled defrag for a remote machine, or my current machine.
Is there a way to send this command line to each machine via SMS, or should I be looking for another way to send this out.
If I could send a AT command to multiple machines that would solve my problem.

Sure you can send a command line command to a sms client computer.
We create a bat or cmd file having the required computer name, path, file and switch(es) information. Send as mandatory or normal advertisement. Many of our advertisements are bat or cmd file based, doing multiple copy, md, delete etc commands within the package.

A couple of comments I also present are:
? The defrag will app may run under the sms account..
? All computer systems run the same OS or the command line may be different for each OS..
? Defrag app license for each system running the defrag program..
? MS Defrag will only run under a username account with administrator rights..
? Why not use a Defrag server to schedule the defrag from a central point (DiskKeeper Server)..

Thanks for the feedback.

I never thought about a defrag server. I might play with that idea before trying SMS..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back