Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Command line options

Status
Not open for further replies.

TinCanMan

MIS
Jan 16, 2003
US
I'm a network systems administrator and have no SQLBase programming skills. I have an application supposedly written with Centura Builder for a SQLBase Server v6.1.02. The application startup file is Exec.exe. It appears the application looks in certain default directories for the databases and the init files. There are 2 init files; SQL.ini and Prog.ini which are normally found in the ProgRun folder. Exec.exe will use the files found in the ProgRun folder on startup. I have a need to use point exec.exe to multipile init files, on the fly, each configured differently. How do I point to different init files? Is there a command line parameter which will allow me to do this? Currently, I run exec.exe out of a batch file which replaces the init files first. This is a bit sloppy and I'd like a more professional approach but don't have contact with experienced programmers of Centura Builder or SQLBase. Any suggestions?

TIA for any information someone might care to offer.

From the way you describe it I don't think there is. It could be done by re-writing the application but if I understand what you are saying this does not sound feasible.

Unfortunately without looking at the application I suspect this is one which can not be answered. Sorry.

OK, thanks readingcoops. If that's the case, I needed to know that as well. At least I can now stop beating my head against the wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back