Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Command Line options for Internet Explorer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffFurman

Programmer
Oct 30, 2002
US
I am trying to start a specific instance of IE set to Full Screen (F11) from the command prompt. I found that iexplore.exe -k starts in kiosk mode, but would still like a hint of the button bar on top. Does anyone know additional command line options for iexplore?

thanks in advance.

jeff

Thanks Pennanti and smah,

Appears to be no way using command line switch (the links you each listed for switches combined to give me probably a complete set of what is available).

Pennanti, Twinkie link looks interesting. Found a copy of smah's suggestion at our local library, will try that first.

Thanks both of you. If not already there, I will list both links to the command line switches in the FAQ with proper credit of course.

thanks again.

Hey jeff,
Not sure what restrictions alysia wants on that kiosk but I'm sure she doesnt want anyone browsing their favorite forums so there are a few thing's you might want to lock down. First, lock down task manager. To do this follow these instructions:

Goto Start - Run - Regedit

Find Registry Key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System

Modify/Create the Value Data Type(s) and Value Name(s) as detailed below.

Data Type: DWORD Value // Value Name: DisableTaskMgr
Setting for Value Data: 1
Exit Registry and Reboot

I can call seperate instances of IE from taskmanager's File - New task dialog.

Next, you'll want to disable the internet explorer's hotkey cntl + O. To do this you'll want to use this software called tweaki:
Lastly, you can do away with having to have the cntl key on your kiosk keyboard by setting the machine to autologin. It can be (un)done via registry settings described at this site:
If you have any further questions feel free to contact me directly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back