Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Command Line for Tape SCSI device 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhupe

Vendor
Sep 13, 1999
US
I am looking for a generic Scsi command line that will work with most SCSI tape drive backups. I am new to Novell and am currently testing OnStream's Drive. I work for them so any comments would be greatly helpful. Thankyou.<br>
<br>
joshua.hupe@onstream.com<br>
303-774-6793

Can you be more specific? Are you looking for basic drivers(nwaspi or nwtape)are included and work with most drives. I wouldn't recommend using the included tape software, it's a &quot;new&quot; version of sbackup, but I prefer Veritas (Seagate/Arcada) BackupExec. Let me know if this helps. <br>
<br>
Mike Donato<br>
<A HREF="mailto:mdonato@p-tech.net">mdonato@p-tech.net</A><br>
317-591-7960

We are trying the ns20 drivers and we know this should not work, but we are a compatibility lab so we try. Next will be the 7.3 veritas. Hopefully that will open some doors. Our device is new to the market and will be available next year. We are just trying to find strings that match it.

Well, you won't get very far w/ the 7.3 version of Veritas, as that is the NT version. You'll have better luck trying the 8.0 version<br>
<br>
Mike Donato<br>
<A HREF="mailto:mdonato@p-tech.net">mdonato@p-tech.net</A>

Well we have decided to use a Standard QIC-157. Most software companies are writing gate keys for us. It took some time to get them to do it, but they are finally. Thankyou anyway.,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back