Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

command line email

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstrpup

Programmer
Jun 17, 2004
US
We are using INFA 6.1 and do not use exchange server. We would like to use email notifications of failures with a command task. We are using blat as the email program. In the command task we have tried "c:\blat\email.bat" and "\blat\email.bat" but neither of them sends an email. Looking at the documentation it does not look like we need to do any of the setup steps since we are not using exchange. What am I missing??

Thanks in advance for any help.

Toni K

email.bat is my batch file that sends an email. I've tested that and it works fine. It's just when I call this batch file from Infa that doesn't work.

Try the same contents in a *.cmd file..

Ties Blom

Does the account that runs the Infa services have privileges to run the command file and the program? Does it have privs to access the smtp server? You may be running under a local account that isn't able to see the network. Make sure you can run your email program under that account directly.

"I think we're all Bozos on this bus!" - Firesign Theatre [jester]

Thanks for the suggestions; no luck yet. Any other ideas?

Toni

Are you saying the batch file runs under the account that's running PC? What does the log for the session and workflow show? Was the command successful?

Yes, the batch file does run if run outside of Infa... it sends the email as it is supposed to.

The workflow log shows...
INFO : LM_36330 ... Command task instance [testemail]: Execution started.
INFO : LM_36620 ... Command task instance [testemail]: running command [Command1], with command value [cmd /c "c:\blat\email.bat"].
INFO : LM_36621 ... Command task instance [testemail]: started command [Command1], with pid [1272].
ERROR : LM_36623 ... Command task instance [testemail]: execution of command [Command1] did not complete successfully.
INFO : LM_36318 ... Command task instance [testemail]: Execution succeeded.

The session log doesn't mention the task.

Thanks for your help!!

Toni

I'm not sure if this will help any, but we created another batch job that just copies a file from one directory to another. I substituted that bat file in my command task and it worked. So it's just the email task that fails, though I can run the exact command from the command line and it works. I'm stumped.

Toni

Have you logged in under the account that runs the informatica services and verified you can send email?

Thanks for all your help ArtieChoke. It turned out to be a problem in the batch file itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back