Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

command contains unrecognized pharse / keyword 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

icecr3amc4k3

Programmer
Apr 25, 2023
ID
why when i was clik command this is happend?
Screenshot_62_flp7pd.png

Yes, because VFP does not know MOD as an operator. You can use % as operator, or MOD() as a function, but not the way you used it. This can't be compiled and executed, VFP doesn't know what to do with this line of code, so it throws that error.

If you want to use mathematical operators, there's the language reference of what is available:

Chriss

Chris must have much better eyesight than me. Or a much larger monitor. I can barely make out the text in the screen shots.

Merpat, do us all - and yourself - a favour. Stop posting these useless screen shots in the forum. Instead, just paste in the line of code that generated the error, and the text of the error message (which, in any case, you already typed into the subject line).

This applies to every one of your posts in the forum so far. In every case you are expecting us to figure out your problem by trying to understand a detailed screen shots and in some cases multiple screen shots, with no further information from you. All this just to save you the effort of a little typing.

And while I am in the mood for a rant, I would also ask you to provide meaningful subject headers. "Hello, I have a question" and "looping" do not come into that category.

Mike

Visual FoxPro articles, tips and downloads

To make it easier to provide what we need, be aware that when you have a VFP error window showing, if you hit CTRL+C, the text of that message gets copied to the clipboard. So you can paste that into your message to us without having to retype the error message.

Then, paste the code you want us to look at.

Tamar

when you have a VFP error window showing, if you hit CTRL+C, the text of that message gets copied to the clipboard.

Well I'll be darned. 18 years using Visual FoxPro. Seven years before that using FoxPro, Foxbase and dBase. And I'm still learning something new.

Mike

Visual FoxPro articles, tips and downloads

I see. It works with any Messagebox:

Code:
MessageBox('Message',3,'Title')

Copy&Paste:

[pre]---------------------------
Title
---------------------------
Yes No Cancel
---------------------------[/pre]

Chriss

Brill tip Tamar, thank you, have a star

Regards

Griff
Keep [Smile]ing

There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

I'm trying to cut down on the use of shrieks (exclamation marks), I'm told they are !good for you.

There is no place like G28 X0 Y0 Z0

FWIW, this came along fairly late in the game. VFP 9, I think.

Tamar

Well, it works in VFP6 as well.
And in Excel, so I think Dan is right = but Tamar brought it to me so she keeps the star!
(can you even remove a star once given?)

Regards

Griff
Keep [Smile]ing

There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

I'm trying to cut down on the use of shrieks (exclamation marks), I'm told they are !good for you.

There is no place like G28 X0 Y0 Z0

FWIW, I don't think it was exposed in VFP until late, but I can't say that for sure.

Tamar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back