Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Command.com not working?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iyedidit

IS-IT--Management
Jan 6, 2003
US
Greetings. I have a W2k Pro machine that runs a dos based application off of a network drive. Recently when attempting to run the application a black command prompt displays breifly then disappears. I notice the same thing happens when i try to run command.com from the start menu. This is the only system experiencing this problem with the dos application. I double checked the config.nt file and shortcuts to make sure nothing had changed and everything seems ok. Any ideas? Thanks in advance

Thanks for the link. While going through the proceedure mentioned on that page I noticed that REGEDIT was doing the same thing. It would open for a second then instantly close. Immediately after that I did an online virus scan and found BAGLE.M. Hope this helps if anyone one else has been experiencing the same issue

iyedidit,

Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it.

I took your original description of the problem as the system unable to run a dos program at all. It seems that with your further description, it appears that a dos windows open and soon close together with the dos application being able to run. That's quite different. It means some program is launched despite the user. A virus scan is in fact warranted.

regards - tsuji

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back