Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Command Buttons in Excel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newatprogramming

Technical User
Mar 5, 2002
US
I am using multiple command buttons in excel on my worksheet.
Also I am freezing the header row on my sheet. How can I make my command buttons not move with the rows? When I create a new row the buttons do not move, but when I scroll down the rows the buttons will disappear under my header row. Any help would be great.

Two possible solutions.

First
Have all your buttons at the top of the sheet, size row 1 to be just bigger than the buttons. Then freeze the sheet under row 1 rather than the headers.

Second
Customise your toolbar(s) so that your buttons appear on them rather than the worksheet.

bandit600

If you protect the sheet for objects, they should not move. If in Excel 97/2000 go to tools/protection/ protect sheet, unclick contents & scenarios & leave objects clicked. click Ok.

actually I may have misunderstood you, they may move depending on what your talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back