Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Comma after values when submitting

Status
Not open for further replies.

camillaj

Programmer
Sep 18, 2003
AU
This may sound like a very silly question, but I'm struggeling with a comma that always appears after submitting values from two textfields!!

I have looked all over the code if a comma appears somewhere, but can't find it.
Is there a way a comma can appear after a textfied value?

This is a problem since these values are stored in a DB.

Ok though I might give it a try here, cause I just can't figure out the reason it appears!

I am checking the value on the page I'm submitting it to, and it's already a comma there. I have checked for a possible comma in the value field, but nothing!

Hmmmm

Thanks..

Hi camillaj,

Since you are submitting two text fields. If the comma is separating the two values, check if both the textfields have the same name.

Regards
Satishkumar

If there are two check boxes with the same name, and you've selected the both, then the submitted value will be Val1,Val2. because both boxes are checked.

Thanks for that guys, but that is unfortunately not the reason. My textfields have different names.

One thing is that the textfields is inside a table in a asp file I'm including. But that shouldn't cause any difference, should it? I have done the same now with another file I'm including, all textfields have different names, but still the commas appear (One comma after all values!)

The form I'm posting is in the main file that includes multiple other asp files. Such as:

<form name=&quot;aaa&quot; id=&quot;aaa&quot; method=&quot;post&quot; >

<!--#include file=&quot;Include1.asp&quot;-->
<!--#include file=&quot;Include2.asp&quot;-->

<input type=&quot;Submit&quot; name&quot;Submit&quot; value=&quot;submit&quot; />
</form>

Thanks again :)

..never mind, guys ....

You were right. I actually included the file twice within the same form, so yes, I had the same textfield name twice!

Sorry, and thank you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back