Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

comdial Key Voice

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobcat12

IS-IT--Management
Apr 25, 2012
US
I am having an issue with the voice mail (key Voice) after a call is transferred to an extension, the voice mail does not pick up. also if the auto attendant picks up, and the caller make a selection, its routed back to back to the auto attendant, instead of that ext voice mail box. phone system is a comdial impact

Did this work previously and recently stopped? Just one extension or all extensions? It could be any number of things, depending on how the integration between the pbx and voicemail is configured. If one extension, then that phone's forwarding is not correct. If all extensions and if serial integration, make sure serial cable is still connected and functional. You may have lost a serial port on one end or the other - made more likely if PBX and voicemail are in different areas and fed by different power sources. If not a cable/connectivity thing, then a local tech is your best bet to quick resolution.

mforrence
It is all extensions, I will try to check the amphnal connections. and both the voice mail system and phone system are in the same idf. I have tried to get the company that installed the system to come out but no luck . I have been with this school dist. for 2 years now and i have 19 schools with 5 different systems also i am the only com guy for the district. I will try what you said and see if it works thanks for you input I really appreciate it.

FYI - it is the SERIAL connections that you need to check. Not amphenol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back