Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Comdial FXII remote questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

StiryFry

Programmer
Mar 25, 2010
US
Forgive me if I am putting this in the wrong location. I recently because the proud owner of a COMDIAL FXII Feature Set 15c with the acquisition of a building. I know avaya like the back of my hand, but I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction on this little monster. After some DID war dialing and a lot of PDF reading I was able to find a modem line and log into the system.

(end background)
When I am logged in with the terminal I dont seem to be able to do any changes, only viewing.. is this normal? i.e. is the modem interface only designed for remote testing and everything has to be programmed on site via serial connection?

Also, I found a program that the manuals talk about called VMMI, it looks like a remote programming interface for the comdial (like partner remote administration for Avaya) however (and I had to find a way to put a packet sniffer on a com port to figure this out) when it dials into the system it tries to login as either ADMINISTRATOR or INSTALLER but when I do a CLI it only asks me for a password and no login... am I using a wrong version of VMMI (it says it is release 212 for Feature Set 19A) or is there another modem line I should be looking for?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back