Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Comdial executech help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtel

Technical User
Aug 17, 2005
US
When customer tries to intercom another extension, it just rings....They used to be able to talk back and forth to each other hands free...any suggestions?

under station class of service ,if i remember right it is called voice announce it's been 10 years since i worked on an executech,if you do not have a manual for this let me know and i'll hook you up online

If you place the Intercom call with your handset on the cradle, it will be a ringing intercom call. If you lift the handset, press ITCM, and call the other extension, it will be a voice call.

After you place an Intercom call, pressing # will toggle from voice to ring and back to voice again.

You can also (sometimes accidently) dial a feature code to block voice announced calls. I would have to look it up, unless someone else knows it offhand. Sometimes the code is similar to the beginning of a local phone number, and gets accidently dialed on the Intercom instead of an outside line.

touchtonetommy is right just did some checking and refreshed my memory

lmacejr, any way I could get a copy of that comdial user manual? I'm helping my mom's bank out, and they've been fighting an old comdial for years now, without so much as a manual to look at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back