Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Comdial DXP Rel. 9B needs Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirrono

IS-IT--Management
Jun 13, 2002
US
Is there a way for me to upgrade this switch myself? We would really benefit from an upgrade but our buget is small and I want to learn more about upgrading these units. So, is there someone out there who could help me upgrade this switch to Rel. 10 or higher?

The software upgrade on the DXP is done by replacing hardware, a daughter board on the DXCPU, called DXPSW (rel). Additionally, this daughter board is mounted on top of another daughter board, DXRAM (usually 68K). To do the upgrade, you need these boards.
Saving the database is done (on releases to 9B) by using a communications program, such as Procomm or Hyperterminal. After the database is downloaded, it must be "massaged" by retrieving this database into VMMI, a proprietary communications program distributed by Comdial. The procedure is not unusually difficult if one reads about the steps in VMMI help screens.
Your biggest problem will be to obtain the new software and necessary ram. These are getting rare, because Comdial has elected to discontinue supporting the DXP, and the race is on to upgrade existing DXP's to later software. One possible supplier is King Technologies.
If you get to this poing, contact me, and I will advise you further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back