Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Comdial DX80 Programming Code 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishDeval

Vendor
Jan 27, 2005
US
I have a customer with a Comdial DX80 which I don't normally work on. The problem or question I have is how to program a line to ring. They have 5 lines and everything was working fine but now line 3 appears but doesnt ring. I have no idea how to get into the programming and fix the problem. Can someone give me a detailed rundown on how to do this. There should be a general access code to get in and I would also like to know where to go from there. Thanks

Download the manual. It is under "ring type" - function 02. By default the ring type is 0, no ring. You need to change it to 1-8 depdning on what you want. 1 is immediate ring.

Enter Database Administration using the feature code Feature # * and then enter the DB Admin password.
2. Press show. The DB Item Select screen displays.
3. Enter 02-740~755-11, where 740~755 = the CO line directory number.
4. Press chg until the appropriate ring type displays.
5. Continue making other programming changes by preessing the UP volume button and enter your menu codes again or exit the programming mode by pressing speaker twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back