Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Comcast Verified Number Feature is killing CID on CICS/MICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickybuttons

Vendor
Jan 27, 2015
US
So Comcast introduced a new feature for it's analog line customers called Verified Caller ID about 3 weeks ago. Comcast is inserting a [V] in front of the callers name to flag the call as verified. We have started receiving trouble calls from some customers complaining of caller ID issues. Looks like it is affecting only customers with Comcast analog lines and CICS/MICS systems. Display on the phone only shows the [V and nothing else. If you press the info button you can see the number so the caller ID info is being sent to the system.

Our office uses a Panasonic system on Comcast analog lines. Those phones are able to pass the [V] and caller name to the phones.

Just wanted to pass this along and see if anyone else has seen this or have any ideas how to get around it (other than a 3rd party caller ID box). Also 5 calls to Comcast tech support have proven useless, I'm being told the feature cannot be modified or disabled.

Thanks!

I am still striking out on getting anyone at Comcast to figure this out. Did you have any keywords or info on how I can point Comcast tech support in the right direction? They are clueless....
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back