Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Comcast pots no speech

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsaad

IS-IT--Management
Jun 20, 2002
US
I have 4 different locations all on Comcast with Arris boxes. All suffer from intermittent no speech problems. Systems are Avaya, Nortel, NEC and Panasonic. Phone rings, nobody there, caller id is accurate. They call back or customer calls them back with no issue. Four different systems and in the last week all started to complain. Comcast plays stupid, changes modem and changes outside components on the pole. But apparently here in Northern NJ it's a real problem.

Curious if anyone else is experiencing this.

Given that this is happening in different locations and is sporadic in nature, my guess is that Comcast has a problem upstream with their network or is handing calls off to a third party provider that has a problem with their network.

I tend to think it is the later.

The only way that I can think of to try to get this problem resolved would be to just open tickets every time this happens. Sooner or later Comcast will be able to put the pieces together and take appropriate action.

I [love2] "FEATURE 00"

I agree with Dexman. This is not a site specific issue but a Comcast issue. I bet they pushed an update out that has corrupted the boxes or something changed at the LEC. I would open a ticket on one and try to get there escalated tech support on the phone while on site and work through the problem until resolution and then they can address the others. Otherwise your not going to get the attention you need fast enough by playing the replace the modem game. You have to be the squeaky will unfortunately.

Just my two cents

Clint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back