Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Combofix Gave Rootkit . ZeroAccess Warning

Status
Not open for further replies.

geeknerd

MIS
Oct 16, 2006
Hello,

I scanned my machine with Combofix and it warned me that I had the
Rootkit.ZeroAccess inserted into the tcp/ip. It mentioned that it is a difficult thing to straighten out. Is there anything I can do to make sure it's gone ? Combofix did clean stuff out of the machine and it is running better.

I was using AVG, but currently have Avast on my machine and Malwarebytes. Any suggestions ? thanks

"Q

I haven't come across the zero access root kit for a few months, but the first couple of times I did, nothing would remove it. Later, Combofix successfully removed it.

But, I'd run what BadBigBen mentioned and then I might run the following as a second opinion.

Then, I might remove my anti-virus and run Combofix just as a final check.

geeknerd,

Did the responses from either BadBigBen or goombawaho answer your problem? Did that provide the solution?

In case you've not noticed it yet, there's a way to specify what post(s) was/were helpful to you on tek-tips.

Look for the link, [blue]Thank SoAndSo and star this post![/blue]

That helps others find the "helpful" threads, and helps other members know who has actually been helpful, historically.

I'm sure it'll never be 100% accurate, but it does sometimes help.

"But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Corinthians 15:57

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back